At ARS Interactive (ThinkARS.com), we are seeking a developer that has experience with LAMP development. With a high level of guidance and direction, you will perform back-end development, front-end base builds (for passing on to front-end developers), enhancement and maintenance of existing applications/systems, custom programming for clients and various data manipulation tasks. SVN/GIT familiarity needed. More advanced front-end (HTML/CSS/jQuery) development capabilities are a huge bonus. LAMP-based CMS experience is a must. Drupal development and Magento experience are preferred. General e-commerce experience is also a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ground-up development, documentation, and maintenance of web-based applications/services/CMS
• Provide technical consultation and expertise to Account Managers and team members
• Effectively communicate task progress, analysis, recommendations and schedules, as well as technical and process issues and their resolution to a wide variety of customers ranging from managers to other technical personnel
Desired Skills & Experience
• Ability and willingness to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Problem-solving ability: analysis of possible solutions using standard procedures
• Ability to work with and develop REST and SOAP web services
• Familiarity with version control software, specifically SVN
• CMS development and maintenance skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to collaborate
• Magento / e-commerce experience
Nice to Have
• Prior agency experience
• Drupal development, specifically custom module development
• Magento deployment experience
ARS Interactive is a growing interactive agency with a robust portfolio of household brands. We provide innovative, strategic and creative online solutions for some of the most iconic consumer names. Come and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced agency environment situated in downtown Palatine, IL — just steps away from the local commuter rail station. ARS is a fully integrated marketing, print & interactive design and content management company with a strong focus on client service, innovation and results.
Our services include: Interactive Marketing, Strategy, Interactive Design and Development, Social Marketing, Email and Database Marketing, E-commerce Solutions, Content Management Systems, Product Content Management, Integrated Multichannel Campaigns, Web Analytics and Consulting. Visit thinkars.com to learn more about ARS Interactive!
Benefits and Perks